Ten "Hot but Cool" Things To Do With Those Yen Carry Proceeds
10. Score some "X", some East-European Supermodels, and fly-private to a "Rave In The Cave" in Ibiza. Be certain to leave the laptop at home....
9. Earn mondo kharmic-credits by donating it to the "Sea Shepherds" in order to finance their fight against the ludicrous Japanese whaling.(Note for US Leveraged specs: This is tax-deductible!)
8. Buy some Croatian waterfront or Belgrade Officeblocks - there is still value there even though the German specs have already bit it up. For the trulym, slavically-adventuresome, Tirana & Kishniev remain virtually untouched by property specs.
7. Splurge on a Damien Hirst "Sapphire & Ruby Encrusted Blackberry" insuring that whatever the market brings, you'll always have at least one-up on your mates (and two thumbs on the art-market!)
6. Be a hero and take a flyer on some those heavily discounted equity tranches of the yet-to-combust CDO of your choice. "Binary Punting" rarely had so much upside....
5. Be a contrarian and buy a stately townhome in Berlin, still for less than 25 cents of that prevailing price in Russkieville-on-Thames;
4. Use it to seed a "Distressed Spanish Property Vulture Fund". Lord knows the Spaniards are in deep shit, having built more new homes in the last decade than France and Germany combined! Surely there is dosh to be made by picking up the the almost-finished and half-finished pieces from the soon-to-be-liquidating Spanish banks jettisoning their "collateral".
3. Buy an Ambassadorship! Managing money in the trenches, it must be said, can be downright boring. Why not splurge on some large Democratic Campaign Contributions that will insure you are on the shortlist for a choice posting come 2008!
2. Lunch with Buffet. Could there be a better investment? Not to go yourself (can you think of anything more tedious than lunch with a VALUE investor"?!?!), but to "buy and flip". Surely somelike like Dan Loeb's ego will cause him to pay double before the lunch date arrives.
1. Try your hand at funding a Hollywood Blockbuster! Yes, THIS is what its all about: mingle with the glitterati; be on a first name basis with Tom Cruise (real name Thomas Mapother IV, Height= 147cm) and The Parties...oh yes, The Parties (just don't drive yourself home!!). A word of caution however: Hollywood is perhaps the only place where people are more cagey and dishonest than Wall Street. The last batch of eastern film financiers were buggered by the fine-print and left hollding the bag on a portfolio of shite of the likes of "The Postman" and "The Adventures of Pluto Nash".